Cold weather? Caught the flu? Or do you want to strengthen your immune system?
- 1 piece of leek
- 2 carrots
- 1/4 celery
- 1 turmeric
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1 parsnip
- Fresh herbs like: thyme, parsley, oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Cut all veggies into small pieces and cubes and add them in a big pot
- Fill the pot with water until all veggies are covered and put a lid on it. (Tip: Avoid too much water! This would make it too thin/fluid)
- Let the water and veggies boil for about 40 – 50 minutes (try in between if you like the consistency already)
- Add salt and pepper according to your preference
- ENJOY! (for example with a slide of fresh bread, or a side of quinoa ..)
This soup will make you sweat and strengthen your immune system. Perfect for a cold weekend or as an appetizer when you have guests. You can also add chicken to make it a chicken-veggie soup.
I am always happy to hear your feedback about the soup when you’ve tried it!