The summer is here and the temperatures are accordingly now as well. How is your appetite these days?
Particularly when it’s hot out, our body and metabolism need lots of water and fresh foods rather than anything heavy.
Ice cream or frozen yogurt are surely a great idea, however, they are unfortunately usually packed with sugar and diary based, but not everyone can or want to actually eat diary (and/or too much sugar).
So here is a nice (vegan) and “clean” alternative to ice cream called “NICE CREAM” and can be made with any ingredient you like. The base is banana instead of yogurt or milk, and you can add anything else for the cream or as a topping.
The first time I heard about “nice cream” was on one of my favorite German blogs called “Projekt: Gesund leben” by Hanna Frey. It looked too good, so I simply HAD to try it! 🙂 It’s simple, quick, healthy and veery delciious. Perhaps you want to try it too?
Ingredients: (what I used)
- 1 banana
- 150 grams raspberries
- 150 ml unsweetened organic almond milk (my new favorite alternative to cow milk!!)
- 2 table spoons soy yogurt
- Organic chia seeds
- 1 tea spoon Organic wheat grass powder (that’s why the green color)
- 30 g “High Protein” muesli by MyMuesli
- ca. 10 goji berries
- Cinnamon and turmeric
1. Cut the banana into small pieces
2. Add the banana, raspberries, wheat grass powder, chia seeds, almond milk, and soy yogurt all together in a blender
3. Mix it until smooth
4. If you’d like to enjoy it very cold: put it into the fridge or freezer for ca. 30 minutes (optional)
5. Add the muesli and goji berries and sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon and turmeric over it
Of course, you can use different toppings or ingredients to it. As mentioned before, NICE CREAM’s main ingredient is banana, so you can get all creative about what else you want to add. You can use e.g. almond puree, nuts, Matcha, Moringa powder, protein powder, raw cocoa, mulberries, green tea, strawberries, peach, pineapple … to make it even more nutritious.
Stay cool and enjoy your NICE CREAM anytime as a meal or snack. Bon appetit!