Happy holidays everyone!
It’s the perfect time for baking, either alone or with your loved ones! Christmas cookies are delicious but oftentimes full of sugar and butter. BUT here is a healthy, less sweet but also delicious, alternative for you: EINKORN COOKIES! Einkorn is the “new” super food these days. It’s the most nutritious grain with a high protein and phosphorous, potassium, and Vitamin B6 content as well as many other very good-for-you ingredients.
They are super as presents for your colleagues, neighbors or friends and family members, OR for just eating them all yourself! (Warning: they are sooo good, they are addictive!)
What you need: (makes 2 big baking trays full of cookies)
- 250 g Einkorn flour (I used the organic one by Biojoy)
- 120 g coconut sugar
- 1 package (= 2 tea spoons) Vanilla sugar
- 125 g butter (melted)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tea spoons baking powder
- 1 whisked egg (to spread it over the cookies)
- Melt the butter.
- Mix the baking powder with the Einkorn flour
- Mix the coconut sugar and butter, add the egg, and then the Einkorn flour into it while stirring
- Knead the dough and leave it at a cool place for 2 hours
- Sprinkle some flour on your counter top and knead the dough once again
- Spread the dough and use any cookie cutters you have. Get creative. (I only had stars cookie cutters at home)
- Place the cookies onto a big baking tray (with baking sheet) and coat the cookies with the whisked egg.
- Bake the cookies for 8 – 10 minutes at 350 °F (180°C)
You like muffins better? Check out my recipe for my >>> Red-Currant Einkorn Muffins <<<
(Recipe inspired by Bioland Knauf recipe HERE)