Today is the official beginning of summer and we’re all ready and excited for more sun and finally jumping into the water, right?
Well, sun and swimming is all fun, but we need to take care of our skin and body in general from INSIDE-OUT.
While sunscreen is a must, we tend to forget to also protect ourselves from the inside. How? By staying hydrated, by eating our vitamins and by making sure we help our liver to stay on top of the detox.
Sure, you might think that you don’t drink alcohol and you’re eating healthy and perhaps even only organic food. However, we are all exposed to chemicals and germs every day, which we take in by breathing in the air of our environment.
But the GOOD NEWS is that there is an easy, delicious, and natural way to support our liver and to even help our skin looking fresh and wrinkle-free as long as possible!
4-Ingredients Super Summer Detox Drink (can be served cold or hot):
Ingredients: (for 1 l)
- 1/2 organic lemon (please use organic lemon only, as the generic lemon peels contain too many pesticides!)
- 1/2 organic ginger
- 3 big leaves of fresh organic mint
- Natural water 🙂
- optional: 3 slices of organic cucumber, or 1 small fresh turmeric root
1. Cut the lemon and ginger into chunks or slices (keep the lemon peel as they contain many vitamins and minerals!)
2. Gently wash the fresh mint leaves with water
3. Add the lemon and ginger slices together with the mint leaves into a water jar, tea pot, or your water bottle (for to go)
4. Add the hot or cold water and let it sit for about 10 minutes
What it does for you?:
- Lemon: high in Vitamin C and acts as a natural antiseptic, which helps with skin related problems, wrinkles, black-heads, sunburn, … pretty much like an inside anti-aging agent , lemon also helps with stomach related, digestive issues, and can aid in weight-loss
- Ginger: just as nutritional valuable as lemon, ginger is the best muscle pain killer, helps with inflammation, nausea, and also with digestive problems
- Mint: contains rosmarinic acid, an antioxidant which was found to help with seasonal allergies, mint is also rich in menthol, which is a natural decongestant, therefore great at relieving a sore throat; and beneficial for people with asthma, mint leaves are also antiseptic and anti-pruritic, which helps with clear skin and acts also as an anti-aging agent
Please find more details and further reads for each ingredient by clicking on the names.
Now, drink it up and CHEERS!